Thursday, August 27, 2009

Movies

So I've been seeing a lot of movies lately, Bob. Check it out

On Netflicks
  • Bride Wars - Fluffy, not so entertaining. I watched it while doing some other chores such as the dishes and tidying up the living room. It was OK, but not good and just barely entertaining. If i would have put money on one of the girls "finding her way" I would have have thought it would be the Anne Hathaway character.
  • Revolutionary Road - Odd. Great cinematography and everyone loves Leo and Kate Winslet. I just didn't get how they were so very unhappy in the suburbs... I mean, if you are happy and you love your spouse, can't you be happy about anywhere? I am a big believer that fixes are inside yourself and not by doing any one thing. Thought it was interesting that she was pregnant and smoking like a chimney and downing martini after martini. Guess times have majorly changed!
  • Curious Case of Benjamin Button (still working on this one!) - We'll see how this goes, so far it's pretty interesting!
At the Theater
  • The Proposal - Super entertaining and funny, although I didn't really believe the two main characters fell in love. I don't know, there was something weird there, maybe not enough chemistry. But I got to stare at Ryan Reynolds for two hours; in my book that is an automatic WIN.
  • The Hangover - "I KEEP FORGETTING ABOUT THE TIGER!!!" Hilarious. Seriously, I would see this one again, my friend Amy told me it was just as funny the second time around.
  • Harry Potter and Half Blood Prince - I think to really like the Harry Potter films you have to just LET GO that they need to be exactly like the books. I didn't reread the book before watching the movie so that I would do this - not having read the book for 4 or more years, I thought the film was outstanding. But some friends I know were pretty honked about what was cut out or changed. Oh well, I thought it conveyed the important moments and emotions... you can expect a film to cover everything to a tee in a 700 page book that is super-detailed.
  • The Time Traveler's Wife - So sad, so well done, so ahhhh Eric Bana. Such a great love story. My only beef was that they didn't include the last scene from the book. JERKS! I loved loved loved this book, and I think they did it justice. In the book, I felt like the way it went was inevitable, wheras in the movie I was all "DUCK! DO SOMETHING! AGHHHH!!!" Oh well.
  • The Ugly Truth - Cute and entertaining. But I don't really get why they keep casting Heigl in "Control Freak Career Woman". Whatever, it was fun and funny.
The sad thing is that I haven't even seen all the movies that I want to! Still want to see Public Enemies and Inglorious Basterds.

1 comments:

Bayjb said...

Revolutionary Road was interesting to watch. Well shot and well adapted but damn the ending did and didn't shock me, or sell me on marriage :)

ITA with you about Time Traveler's just saw it this weekend.