Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Randomness

Tonight I was talking to my Dad, and after I hung up the phone it immediately rang again. I thought it was my pops, calling to say something he forgot, so I just picked it up.

Me: Helllllo!
Girl On Other End: Um, hi. I bought an ipod mini and your number was in the contact info.
Me: Uh.... ok.
GOOE: Are you April?
Me: Yeah. Where did you buy it?
GOOE: Ebay.
Me: What kind of ipod mini is it? Is it black (I'm thinking I dropped my mini somewhere and someone else picked it up and sold it. I don't use my mini that much since I have my iphone, so God knows how long it would have to be gone before I realized)
GOOE: Uh, no, it's pink. It came with an iTrip.
Me: (realizing it's the mini I gave Katie a few years ago) Oh. I gave that to my sister about 2 years ago.
GOOE: Well, it won't take a charge and says the battery is out
Me: Well, I hate to tell you, but that was the issue with it when I gave it to my sister. It would mostly work when it was plugged in, so I gave it to her to use in her car (at this point I'm thinking my sister sold this ipod, so I'm like OH GREAT). I mean, that's a fairly common problem for 1st generation mini's, I mean, the thing is like 5 years old.
GOOE: Uh, OK, well it doesn't work.
Me: Well, you need to put through an inquiry on Ebay so that you can get your money back. How much did you pay?
GOOE: 40 bucks
Me: (wondering why anyone would pay 40 bucks for a 5 year old ipod) Well, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be able to reimburse you because I didn't sell it to you. Why don't you put a complaint in through ebay and I'll call my sister and see what is going on and why she didn't say it was short on battery life.
GOOE: Uh, OK. Thanks.

So I call Katie:
Me: Dude, so some chick called me about that pink ipod I gave you that sucked.
Katie: Oh no way! That thing got stolen out of Drew's truck last year!
Me: Holy sh*t, no way! The chick who called me bought it off ebay!
Katie: Uh, that sucks.
Me: Yeah. I'll have to call her and tell her it's stolen. Awesome.

Then I call this random chick, who by the way is from Rockford, IL:
Me: So hey. That ipod is stolen. My sister said someone took it out of her fiance's truck. So you need to put a complaint into ebay that the person who sold it to you is selling stolen sh*t.
GOOE: Holy crap! OK, thanks.
Me: Please put in a complaint
GOOE: Well, it's my dad's account, so I'll have him login and, like, put a bunch of bad comments on there.
Me: Sounds great, thanks

5 minutes later this chick calls me back:
GOOE: Did your sister report this as stolen? Because I don't want to, like, get arrested for having this on me!
Me: I don't think she did. I mean, the ipod is 5 years old.
GOOE: OK, I mean, I just don't want to get ARRESTED.
Me: I think you're OK.

Somehow I think cops have better crap to do than search ipod serial numbers to see if they're stolen. I mean, I'm just putting it out there, I could be totally wrong.

HOW TOTALLY RANDOM?!?

1 comments:

LaurenK said...

I'm envisioning a new show... CSI-pod...