Wednesday, March 28, 2007

March 27

Tonight my friend Cory was in town for a training (he is learning to communicate effectively! So exciting! haha). So, we went to Joey's Brickhouse, my new favorite restaurant. It's half a block from my house, and the menu is so freaking diverse and good. There really hasn't been anything where I think "This is the best X I have ever had!" but all the food is pretty decent and it's just sooooo close and you can seriously get anything you want. Pizza? Check. Burgers? Check? Healthy salad or grilled chicken and veggies? Check. Homemade pasta? Check. Steak? Check. Anything you feel like, it's there. I haven't repeated a meal once, and I'm not done trying out all the stuff that I want to.

We did the all-you-can-eat salad, pizza, beer, and rice krispie treats deal for $15. Such a great deal! And I got blackened chicken and spinach pizza, which was great. This is a pic of the rice krispie treats, and I used a trick I read about on the internets for the flash. I just held a tissue over the flash to soften the effects of the light, and it worked great. I am considering taping a coffee filter over the flash for good, the picture turned out so differently with the different amounts of light.

The only bad thing about this place is that the service is so-so. The servers are all super-nice and friendly, but they are always just a bit behind the pace on everything. You know, everything takes at least 5 minutes more than you think it will, they tend to forget a lot of things (didn't get bread this time, and glasses get empty without being noticed, etc) and you always have to flag them down to get your check. But they are generally good-natured and attentive.... they just seem a little scatterbrained. So whatever, A for effort.

Also, I a lot of my pics during the week are food! Maybe that will change a bit when the weather gets better outside during the week. Chicagoans do a lot of hibernating in the winter/monsoon months!

0 comments: