Monday, May 04, 2009

Monday, Monday....

Dudes, I am a special kind of exhausted today after this weekend!

Friday we hit up happy hour with some of Mike's friends and some of my former PwC coworkers. Saturday was breakfast/brunch with the Reuters and another of Mike's coworkers. Then my friend Amy is turning 30 and we met her at the festivities at around 1 in the afternoon. I didn't get home until like midnight! Then yesterday we did alot of sleeping, eating, and did the tile backsplash in our kitchen.

My fingers are RAW from ripping the individual tiles off the fiber backing and cutting them to fit in the top row of the backsplash. As I type this I have a lime-green bandaid with neosporin on my left pointer finger.
As for the backsplash, I think it's turning out well. We still need to grout it next weekend, which I'm a tad bit nervous for. But overall I think it looks pretty darn good :) The whole excercise wasn't THAT bad, but it was NO walk in the park like the DIY channel makes you think. I mean, they make it look like all rainbows and unicorns and it definitely was more difficult than that!

I am so tired, but have a ridiculously busy week planned. More painting, need to scrub the extra adhesive off that tile, seeing Em's new place, a LOST date with Jay and Kim, and having some friends over for drinks on Thursday. Yowsa!!

0 comments: