Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Knock, knock.... is this thing on?

OK, I have been a majorly bad blogger. At least my template is fixed now. But God only knows how long it was like that! I will say that life with a little one is even more busy than I expected, and when I get a spare minute I usually want to spend it playing with Emmett or catching up around the house (which I never actually get caught up on!) or catching up on z's (another thing I never actually get caught up on!)

While Emmett is *knock on wood* a pretty good sleeper, the craptastic part of life is that YOU NEED SLEEP EVERY DAY. So even if he sleeps through the night 6/7 nights, there is that one night that he gets you up and you feel like night of the waking dead for a few days. Lately he has been much more unpredictable than that, but still. Overall it could be much worse. The other awesome thing is that he has been getting up around 5 or 5:30, which is ridiculous. Who gets up at 5? Crazy people, that's who. And babies. And then there are the days that he wakes up at 4:30. Oy. Let's just say, those days are crazy long.

I can tell you one thing that is awesome, and that is having my couch back. Those months in the rental house without my furniture took their toll, and I will never ever take my couch for granted again. This house is so big though that we're rocking things like a folding table in the dining room and a tv tray as a nightstand in the guest room. If that's not classy I don't know what is.

We're currently in the process of dealing with a few things:
  • Emmett has glasses and may need eye surgery for strabismus and amblyopia. It's pretty likely he'll need at least one surgery, and it's kind of likely that he'll need two. We're heading up to Chicago at the end of March for a fun weekend topped off with a second opinion at Children's Memorial.
  • I'm heading to India for a work trip in March, so my two dudes will be on their own for two weeks. I'm feeling a little bad for the dudes, but they'll make it through.
  • Emmett was recently diagnosed with a moderate wheat allergy, so I'm learning to adapt and feed him without wheat. We're not going too nutso over it since it's a moderate allergy. Yet it's still a major adjustment. Do you know what wheat is in? EVERYTHING!
  • The leasing agency found someone to take over our lease in Greenwood - SCORE! So this next payment is prorated and then we'll get our security deposit back. So really, there won't be any more paying for a rental we don't live in! Woot!
  • Thinking of buying a car. Drove some this weekend and I fell in love with a Prius V. For those of you that don't know, this is basically a station wagon. But so cute! And so energey efficient! I am in love! We'll wait until I get back from India though - no use in buying a new car to let it sit in a garage for weeks right off the bat.
Overall we are loving our new life in Indiana! Maybe my new pink and chevron setup with inspire me to write a little bit more :)

0 comments: