Thursday, July 26, 2007

July 25

I have never had so much trouble with a picture in my whole life. I can't get the darn thing to turn right way up. Maybe it's a sign, a sign from "Gawd" as the Blues Brothers say. At any rate, this is a pic of the fantabulous Tribune Tower, which holds a special place in my heart. ;c)
Speaking of the Blues Brothers, one of my favorite stories about my brother, Jay, is from when he first visited me in Chicago. I had recently gotten a traffic ticket (wrong way on a one-way street tickets are just EVIL!), and needed to go downtown to pay it. As we emerged from the El, Jay stopped and was like "I have been here before." He mused over it for a minute before realizing that we were in Daley Plaza, and that's where the Blues Brothers pull up and their car just falls apart into a million little pieces. I guess that cracked me up, because it made me realize how much we had seen the Blues Brothers growing up. Everytime I see that movie I think of Dad putting on the soundtrack record (on vinyl!) and playing "Shake Your Tailfeather" and us three kids and Dad dancing around, shaking our tailfeathers. Fun times!

0 comments: